Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Short Morning Topwater Window/Missed a Big'n In The Deep Melon Patch

16.25" Pompadour (Bone)

Sneaky Fitch!!!

The view immediately after the Pompadour fish above
6:00-9:00AM West Point, NPBI, SPBI, SPSI, East of GOMH, Channel Inn Bay
65-50℉, Sunny, 0-3mph NW
WT: 72-70℉

I started at West Point.  I got a dink off of the pontoon lift on a Neko Yum Dinger.  I then had Sneaky Fitch disappear my orange Shower Blows Knock Off. I was like "why can't I see it? Am I hung up on a weed?" Nope, it was Sneaky Fitch.  I had a fish miss me over by the tree.  I then went to NPBI.  I paused the Pompadour and was going to adjust the trolling motor when the big one of the morning smoked it.  I then missed one on the Pomp.  I got a 14.5-incher on it a couple of casts later.  I threw the Piranha 2 for a few casts and got 16-incher on that.  I then moved to the SPBI.  Didn't get a bite.  I went to SPSI and got a dink quite a way beyond the point on the SBKO.  I went across and worked the Rice/Pads East of GOMH and didn't get a bite.  I then worked Channel Inn Bay.  Had a couple pike take the Blitz and missed one blowup in the rice.  It was dead so I called it a day at 9AM

7 Bass
2 Pike 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.02lbs/17.25lbs Blitz Frog (Black/red)

The pad system that got me

6:00-8:40PM Deep Melon Patch
76-70℉, Partly Cloudy, 0-9mph NW
WT: 76-72℉

I got a later start than I should have.  I went straight to the Deep Melon Patch where Todd and I started that one morning.  The Deep Melon Patch is an area that was literally unfishable last year because it was so weed-choked.  I didn't have much luck to start and there wasn't any activity around me.  I moved my way to the East and there started to be some activity.  First fish to hit the Blitz was a pike.  I got the first bass on the black Blitz around 7:20PM; It was the three-pounder.  I then had 16-incher miss the Blitz, but I got it on the Yum Dinger.  I then got into an area with some pike.  I got a 16.25" on the black Blitz that revealed its location to me.   I had a fish miss when the frog landed on a pad.  I pulled it off and a total tank lit me up.  I had it moving toward me, but it muscled me into a pad root and got off.  Don't know if it was a dog or bass, but it was a big fish.  I didn't think to put a waypoint down, doh.  That was my last bite of the night.

3 Bass
5 Pike
14.88lbs for my Best 6 Bass Today

No comments: