Thursday, August 01, 2019

Started OK, Then Little Fish

2.60lbs/17" Big Sexy
6:45-9:15PM Green Cabin, Chuck's, NWJuice
82-73℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-4mph SW S
WT: 78℉

Twins losing in extra's, the humidity and low energy kept me from getting out earlier.  I decided with the wind to not go to the Melon Patch, but see what Green Cabin would give me.  I started in the reeds off the point and had a Sprinker tail get bit off on my very first cast.  I then had what I think was a decent bass not hook up on the Sprinker.  Couldn't get anything on follow-ups.

I went to where Todd and I got fish the other morning and picked up a dink and small pike on the Jackhammer.  I pretty quickly worked my way back to the cattails and had the 17-incher crush Big Sexy.  I worked my way out to the outer edge. Had a fish show itself on Big Sexy and picked up 16.75" on the junebug craw tube.  I went over to Chuck's and didn't get a bite. I bailed from there pretty quickly and went North to the NW Juice on a feeling.

I got a small bass right away on Big Sexy.  A fish gave its location away at the tip of the rice/pads.  I pitched the RTX Jig in an got bit off.  I got a couple 13-inch bass working my way down the rice line.  Had Big Sexy get bit off at the old juice and didn't find it.  That was my last bite of the night. 

7 Bass
3 Pike

No comments: