Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Trying the Blitzkrieg

Blitz Lures Blitz Frog

First Bite fish in the boat

2nd Bite Bass In the Boat

16" Yum Dinger
6:20-8:40PM Todd's Hole, NW Juice
76-72℉, Mostly Sunny, 3-13mph NW
WT: 76-72℉ Water level rising from a couple of recent rains

The Blitz Lures Blitz Frog has the same body shape as my beloved Mad Maxx.  When I found out about them I had to give them a try so I ordered 3 of each color LandBigFish.com carries.  Blitz has a fourth color that LBF doesn't carry.  It's interesting, the black frog is a pretty exact match for the Mad Maxx with different softer plastic.  The other two colors don't have the vent hole in the back of the frog and are made from a little stiffer plastic and the body shape is a little different as well.  They all caught fish for me tonight.  The Blitz Frog color one got bit off, so I put on the black one and got a bass on my first cast with it.

With the way the wind was, I ditched my plan to go to the deep Melon Patch and headed for Todd's Hole.  It was really windy.  I started outside the rice on Big Bass Point and had a pike attack the Blitz frog and hook up on about my fifth cast.  I went into the Hole and also landed the first bass (14.25) to bite a Blitz Frog.  A jacked and rolled the second bass to bite the Blitz pretty good at the entrance to the Todd Hole and it got off.  I cast right back to the spot and got a 12.75-inch bass.  I worked the outside of the hole to the west and got a 15.5 off of some rice.

I decided to hit the NW juice rather than run to Deep Melon.  I missed my first bite along the outside of the rice.  I worked around the pad tip and got bit off, Grrr.  Put on the Black Blitz and got a bass on the first cast.  A little ways down I had a bass miss the Black Blitz as I was moving the frog up to an isolated rice/reed patch.  I got the fish on a Yum dinger.  I had a couple of fish dog me to end the evening.

I had two different deer fly's bite me on the top of my head through my hat.


Forgot to weigh a 14" Fish
7 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: