Thursday, August 22, 2019

Blitz'em Tonight

4.42lbs/18.5" Blitz Frog (Frog)

3.04lbs/17.25" Blitz Frog (Frog)
16.75" Blitz Frog
6:00-8:40PM NE Inlet to Double Cane Point plus Rice Island
60-68℉, Mostly Sunny, 2-7mph

I started at the pad/reeds on the north side of Inlet Bay. A fish called me into the junk when I got to the rice.  I got a couple of 13-inchers in the junk.  I got back out on the outside rice line and got a 16.75" pretty quickly.  It was a good half an hour before my next bite, a 13-incher.  I told myself after my next cast I'm going to get off the rice line and head to the rice Island.  The 17-incher slammed the Blitz Frog.  I got the 4lber on the next cast.   I went out to the rice Island and got the obligatory 16-incher that lit up my frog.  I then went back to the rice line and had the Blitz Frog I got everything off of tonight get bit off, agggh!  I am now down to my last frog color Blitz Frog.  Shortly after that the sunset and I went into the reeds.  I missed the first bite I got on the new Blitz Frog. I got one 13-incher before the skeeters chased me out.  As I was going out I noticed my reel nuts needed to be tightened then had a fish strike right next to the boat and I jerked it out of its mouth. That caused a tangle in my line that I didn't notice and I mega backlashed on the next cast.  Not a great way to end the night.  I did get the line situation straightened out back at the lake place as the skeeters had disappeared.  As I was going to leave the loons started calling so I went down n the boat to listen. Saw a couple of shooting stars.

15.69lbs for my 6 Best
8 Bass
2 Pike

No comments: