Thursday, August 15, 2019

Got A Few Missed A Few/Pretty Good Evening Trip

3.50lb/17.75" Shower Blows 105 (Bone)
6:00-9:00AM West Point, NPBI, SPBI, SPSI, GOMH, Intersection
70-60℉, Partly Cloudy some sprinkles, 0-3mph SSE
WT: 72℉

I started at West Point and missed a couple of bites there on the 75 Plopper.  I then went to the North Point Big and missed bites on both the Plopper and Shower Blows 105 bone.  I then went to the SPBI and missed a good bite on the Plopper and had a fish bury Big Sexy in the reeds. Very frustrated at that point.  Headed to SPSI.  I was just about to set down the Shower Blows when the three and half bit; The fish was a total chunk.  I then got 3 straight 13-inchers on the Shower Blows.  I got a 14-incher out of the pad/reed edge on the yellow Terminator Frog.

Next, I headed to the GOMH and got nothing.  At the Intersection, I didn't get anything at the NE point.  I then quickly worked myself to the SPRO where I could drift with the wind.  Not much was going on until I switched to the Northside. I missed 3 quality bites in the boat lane mouths and caught one 13 incher on the Terminator.  Just wasn't my morning, very frustrating.

6 Bass
3 Pike
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.30lbs/18" Terminator Frog (Yellow)

16" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
5:15-8:45PM East of GOMH, Channel Inn Bay
70-75℉, Mostly Cloudy, 3-8mph SSE
WT: 76℉

I decided to start off at the Pad/Rice Point East of GOMH where I had a little action a couple of weeks ago.  The bass were there and relating to the pads.  I caught some fish along the pads/ rice and some out of isolated pad clumps.  I worked my way West and out of fish, so I transferred over to Channel Inn Bay.  I got a couple good fish including the 18" along the rice.  Then I ran out of fish as I went deep into the trash.  I was working my way out quickly to head for Big West Bay when I had a good one hit bury me in a clump of coontail and get off.  I got another bite fairly quickly so I spent the rest of the night along the rice point getting several more fish and missing a couple better ones. The fish were definitely AWWWN that final 45 minutes

14 Bass
7 Pike

Missed fish cost me probably a couple pounds maybe more

No comments: