Friday, August 23, 2019

Not On Top Morning/Two Big Girls And Some Rats In the Evening

 4 Plus of Blitz Sexy in the Evening
15.5" Piranha 2/Speed Craw (Junebug)
6:00-9:30AM West Point, NPBI, N Across Flat/Rice/Reeds
66-50℉, Mostly Sunny, 3-6mph East
WT: 71℉

I started at West Point and got a rat off of the dock on the Piranha 2.  I missed a bite off of the tree dock.  I then headed to NPBI where they were not on topwater.  I did get the biggest one of the morning there on the Piranha and a rat and pike on a junebug craw tube.  I then went to North Reeds Across and worked the flat in the calm water.  I picked up one pike there on the bone Shower Blows.  I got another pike in the rice; thought for sure it was going to be a bass.  I got into the reeds and had 14/15 bass get off as I was lifting it into the boat.  That was the only bass to hit the Blitz Frog in the morning.  I got a couple of pike on the Tokyo Rig/craw tube combo and missed a couple of bites as well as I worked my way out of the reeds. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.36lbs/19.75lbs Blitz Frog (Frog)
4.43lbs/19.66" Blitz Sexy
6:40-8:40PM East of Jenny's
68-73℉, Mostly Sunny, 4-11mph SE

So with the wind being what it was, I headed to the start of the rice East of Jenny's.  That first patch looks excellent.  First fish was the 19.75" slop on the Blitz Frog (Frog).  She got it in the tongue and bled quite a bit which led to an extended release time as I held her in the water to stop the bleeding then put it in the livewell to make sure she would make it.  I think she made it.  I then caught a couple of rats out of the shallow rice and one under the dock on the Blitz Sexy.  I had a bass not hook up off the end of the rice.  I got a 14-incher there on the Yum Dinger.  I started working down the rice line and got the second tank out of the rice/reeds/pads about 15 feet in. I got a couple more rats in the long boat lane and that was as far as I got.  I didn't have a single pike strike tonight.

15.63lbs for my Best 6 of the Day.  A disappointing weight with two 4lbers

No comments: