Wednesday, August 07, 2019

With Todd in the Morning and Evening

14" Chunk on Shower Blows

2.46lb/17.25" Sweet Revenge

15.9" Big Sexy

5:30-9:00AM West Point, NPSI, SPSI, Channel Inn Bay
74-64℉, Partly Cloudy, 3-6 SSW
WT; 78℉

I took us to West Point first.  I got a 14.75" to take the 75 Whopper Plopper in front of the rice.  Todd missed a good hit on a frog.  I missed a bite beyond the next dock to the east.  Then we went to North Point Big Island.  I got a 13.75" on the 75WP and Todd got the 14-incher on and Evergreen Shower Blows 105.  I  caught another 13-incher and Todd and I doubled up with us both losing the fish, Todd's was a 15/16.   I then took us to South Point Small Island.  I got a 14-inch bass on the Jackhammer in the reeds and I pike on it off the point.  Then I took us to where Todd got the dogfish two days ago and worked our way north in Channel Inn Bay.  I was just about to tell Todd there has got to be some bass here when the skinny 17-incher stuck Sweet Revenge.  I think I got the next bass as well, a chunky 15-inch fish.  Todd then got a pair of 15-inch chunks and the pike.  I worked us into some phenomenal looking water that had some sign's of life going on, but the bass had apparently shut it down.  I had a couple fish slap at my frog but not try to eat it.  Todd missed a good blow-up out on the rice point.  I had another fish give it's position away, but it wouldn't go. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last bite of the night, yet another 15.5" on Big Sexy

Todd's Little Terminator Bass
7:00-9:00PM North Reeds Sullivan
70-74℉, Mostly Sunny, 8-15mph WNW
WT: 78℉

The wind was more out of the West than I would have liked and I was thinking we might have to revisit last night's water, but that turned out to not be necessary as we started getting fish.  No giants, but they were good for hook setting and landing practice in the thick stuff.  Todd got the Terminator Frog stuck in a tree way up there which I broke off.  Easy come easy go.

13.66lbs Our Best 6 of the day

No comments: