Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Not My Night

13" Shower Blows 105(Bone)
6:00-8:30PM Jenny's Reeds, NPBI, 6lb Flat,
67-72℉, Sunny to Cloudy, 0-2mph N
Wt: 74℉

I got up around 3:45PM this afternoon and was ready to go fishing.  One problem the Kia where most of my fishing gear is was gone.  I figured Dad had it up at the Lake Place so I called him to confirm.  He had taken the VW, Mom had the Kia and had left her phone at home.  Dad got home at 5PM, no sign of Mom. At 5:25PM I left for the Lake Place. I would just use the rods that we have at the cabin.  I had to turn around at the Church because I forgot my phone.  Mom was still not home.

I got my stuff loaded quickly and was fishing by 6PM.  I went over to Jenny's reeds fished it for 15-minutes getting one pike on a yellow Terminator Frog and one swirl.  I then headed to the Reeds across from the Platte Public Access where Todd got the 5lber. I got a call from Dad.  He was bringing the Kia up.  Nothing was going on in the reeds as the sun had come out, so I headed back to get m stuff.  I stopped at the North Point Big Island.  I got a small bass and small pike there on the Shower Blows 105.

I got my stuff in the boat and headed west to 6lb Flat.  I got a 14" on Sweet Revenge pretty quick.  I got one small pike and missed a couple of bites. Skeeters were out by 8:45PM.  What a waste of a calm night. Fish off because of the cold front maybe?

No comments: