Monday, August 26, 2019

The Hail Mary Worked

3.10lb/17" Jackall Pompadour

7:30-8:30PM East of Jenny's to Jenny's West Neighbor, NPBI
68-66℉, Partly Cloudy, 3-12mph SW
69-67℉ water level rising.

I arrived at the lake place at a quarter to six.  I knew from the radar that a small isolated storm was approaching at a snail's pace.  I got my gear in the boat hoping it might dissipate.  It didn't and I didn't get out fishing until 7:30PM.  I'm pretty sure this squall put us over an inch for the day. The winds were fairly light when I got out.  I chose to go start at the start of the rice East of Jenny's.  There was baitfish activity out on the flat, but I couldn't raise anything there or in the rice.  I did have a small pike hit in front of Jenny's that got off on the way in and I had the Sexy Blitz get bit off in the junk just West of Jenny's.  I made a move to the Reeds Across, but the wind had come up and it was unfishable with topwater.  I made a last desperation move to the North Point Big Island and I got the 17-incher there.  The wind really started howling as I packed up to leave.  I'm lucky I didn't lose my yellow tint sunglasses.  Fortunately, they fell into the boat. 

No comments: