Saturday, August 31, 2019

August Comes To A Close With A Whimper


17" Shower Blows 105 (Bone)
6:30-11:00AM West Point, NPBI, SPSI, GOMH, Intersection NE SW, BIS Flat, N Across Flat
67-58℉, Mostly Cloudy, 0-4mph SSE
WT: 65℉

Beautiful Sunrise.  I started at West Point didn't get anything until I was at the far end of the rice where I got a 14-incher on the Whopper Plopper.  Next, I headed to NPBI and came up empty.  From there I went to SPSI.  I got the big fish of the morning there on the bone Shower Blows.  I worked down the West side of the point getting a small pike and small bass on the Whopper Plopper.  Next, I hit the GOMH.  Lost a fish that hit the Shower Blows.  Was not paying attention looking at the bottom along the wall.  I then went to the NE Intersection.  There was a boat fishing along the SW side.  I got a bass off the point on an Ish's. I worked my way through the reeds toward shore.  Don't know why I didn't try that earlier in the year; It looks super good.  I got one bass and missed a couple of bites. I then went to the SW side.  I worked the reeds a little bit and didn't get anything.  I then worked in the slop. Got some pike strikes and one bass.  I worked my way North on the outside along the western rice line.  I missed a bite or two there.  I also missed bites coming back on the Eastern rice line.  From there I went to the Big Islands South Flat.  Got only one pike bite there, very disappointing.  I then went to the N Across Flat and got nothing there.  A very mediocre morning. 
________________________________________________________________________
7:30-8:20PM Jenny's Reeds, S Reeds Across
68℉, Partly Cloudy, 3mph SW
68℉

I woke up at 4PM.  Dad had taken the car up to the Lake Place.  I should have driven the Expedition up as he didn't get back until after 5:30.  Then mom had a project for me that took forever to accomplish because the printer was acting up.  Had I not had the charger on the battery in the boat.  I wouldn't have even gone.  As it was the fishing stunk.  I missed one swirl along Jenny's reeds.  I had a couple of fish dog me and not get the Ish's.  I did finally land the 16.25" on the Ish's.

Weight from last night and today.

No comments: