Monday, September 05, 2016

Labor Day Lunker & Pete Showed Up

19" Horny Toad
7:00-9:30AM GOMH, Dock, Trophy
Conditions: 67-65 degrees, Windy out of the South,  Cloudy to mostly cloudy

Didn't get anything at the GOMH.  It was quite windy there.  Went to the lake place.
21.5" Herb's Dilly
Got the pike out front of the dock on the Herb's Dilly and missed 3 bites as well.  That convinced me to take the boat out.  I got a couple nice pike on a Horny Toad over past Beaver Point.  I then drifted out into the reeds.  As I was nearing the end of the point I got my Labor Day Lunker. I was satisfied with the trip at that point and went in.

7:15-8:25PM
Conditions: Low 70's, Light winds, Cloudy
Pete's buddy bailed on him due to the forecast of rain, so he is back at our place.  I took him out in the Trophy.  I missed tow or three fish on the Horny Toad.  He told me about a tree over by the West Point.  So we made our way there even though it was getting dark beyond what I prefer to fish in due to the skeeters.  Lo and behold Pete caught a Labor Day Lunker too.
18?? Matzuo Frog.

No comments: