Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Good Night Out of the Trophy

16.5" Horny Toad brown/blue
6:00-8:30AM Lake Place Dock, North End of our bay out of the Trophy
Conditions: 60's, Light to calm ENE wind, Mostly Sunny

It's good sign when I get bit on my first two casts even though I didn't catch either fish.  I missed both of the hits on the Herb's Dilly along each side of the dock.  I did get a small snake on the Dilly casting West.  I then put the Trophy in the water and drove to the first dock on the North side of our bay.  It's been 6 years since I last fished over there, 6 freakin' years.

It looks more fishy now.  I got temped to go into the reeds just outside of the bay off of the point.  I had a fish miss the Pad Crasher right up to the boat.  I got caught not paying attention and missed a good hit on the Pad Crasher.  I had a pike miss the Mad Maxx.  I went and tried the first two docks outside of our bay, then got called back into the reeds by this fish.
20.5" Horny Toad brown/blue
  He had a sunny in his tummy.  I got over by the first dock inside our bay and got this fish on the Horny Toad.
14.5" Horny Toad
I got in shallow along the next dock and got this fish.
16.5"  Horny Toad
The guy from the first house commented that it was a nice fish.  I ran down the shoreline catching more bass and 1 pike on the on the Horny Toad.  A few fish got lit up Out but I resisted the temptation to try for them.  I got the last bass in the NE corner.
15.5" Horny Toad
I should have turned around and taken a picture of the sunset tonight.  It was a beautiful night to be out.

No comments: