Thursday, September 08, 2016

A Little Late, But Fish Were at the GOMH This Morning

15.?? Herb's Dilly
8:30-11:00AM GOMH, Lake PLace
Conditions: 65-58 degrees, Light W wind, Clouds broke up as I arrived turning mostly sunny, water level is rising after we got a couple of inches last night.

I started at the Culvert and got nothing.  On the NE side I had something small hit the Herb's Dilly and not hook up.  I then had something hit an STX but not hook up.  I eventually got a couple of bullheads on a blue/black craw tube.
12" Craw Tube b/b

14.5" Craw Tube b/b
I also got a 13.75" on the Chigger Craw.  I then went to the Lake Place and fished off the dock.  I got the 15" on my first cast along the West side of the dock with the Herb's Dilly Buzzbait.  I also had a 10 or so inch bass hit Herb's over by Sherman's dock.  I also fished at Jenny's and didn't get a hit.  There was a fair amount of activity going on.
15.?? & Herb's
Tonight's Trip
14.25" Yum Dinger
5:45-8:15PM GOMH Trophy at the Lake Place
Conditions: Mid 60's, Mostly Sunny, Calm

Didn't get anything at the GOMH.

I decided to go West to start.  I got two 14" bass off a dock without it's walkways and a empty pontoon lift on the YUM Dinger.  I had a pike miss the Pad Crasher and got 9" in between a dock and a pontoon on it's lift.  I didn't get anything around the point, so I motored to Beaver Point.  There I got 14" or so bass on the Pad Crasher that got off before I got it in the boat.  I also had two fish swirl on the Pad Crasher multiple times but not get it. The skeeters were miserable.  I would have thought the fish would have been more active than they were. 

No comments: