Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Two Trips GOMH and Ladies Night at the Jetty

22" Jerk Shad (Crackle)

21" Rippin Rap (Perch)

7:00-7:30PM GOMH NE SW
8:00-10:00PM  South Jetty
10:45-11:45PM GOMH NE
60-70℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-9mph ESE

I hit the GOMH first.  I didn't get anything, but Fishin' Granny was busting something every 10-minutes or so on big minnows.  I think I missed one bite.  I almost went to the Trophy because it looked like the wind was dying.  Should have done that.

At the Jetty, a group was getting ready to head out on the North Jetty and two young guys and a chick were fishing Center Jetty with leeches. South was open so that is where I went.  I dropped a box shortly after I left the car. Some good Samaritan put it up on the KIA and it stayed there miraculously.  There was no wave action to speak of just a light chop.  I spent over an hour trying for smallies.  At one point I did see some minnow on the surface and I saw a fish porpoise (sucker???).  The two young guys got 3 or 4 eyes.  Another young guy fished the Center Jetty.  It looked like he was throwing for bass.  By 9:30 I was all in for eyes.  The two guys and chick left by then.  I lost two bites on the blue/chrome Rippin Rap.  The guy on the Center Jetty caught an eye and left shortly thereafter.  Two chicks who weren't fishing hung out on the Center Jetty with a third chick fishing the North Harbor Mouth.  I got two eyes in the last 20 minutes on the Perch Rippin Rap.  I got the last bite at 2 to 10 so I was done. I was on my last cast before I was going to make one final lure change.

I decided to go back to the GOMH and it worked out because there was gold there.  I got 4 (22,21,19.5,16) on the Crackle. I also saw a bowfin swimming along the rocks.



No comments: