Sunday, May 03, 2020

Morning and Evening at the GOMH Sunny and Cool


17.25" Crawtube

5:15-7:15AM GOMH NE SW
46℉, Sunny, 6-10mph NNW

I fiddled around and didn't get to the GOMH until a quarter after 5am.  As I was getting my stuff ready on the NE side a truck pulled up with a guy and his middle-school-age looking kid.  I caught a few jumpers and missed a number of bites.  Around 6AM I went to the SE side.  Wheel House Guy was fishing on the SW side.  He hadn't gotten anything.  I quickly tied into a couple of nice jumpers on the Cubby/minnow combo. WHG landed a toothy.  There were fish boiling occasionally about 60 yards out from the bridge in the current.  I was hungry so I headed out at 7:15PM.

Steve and I put the dock in today.  I explained what we were doing and Steve did most of the work.  We had the job done in 45 minutes.  We put the Slop Slip in the Expedition.  On the way home I had a surprise visitor, a big mouse, crawl on my hand I was monitoring the boat with.  REEEEEEEEEEEE!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15.5" Cubby/Minnow

7:45-9:45PM GOMH NE SE
41-50℉, Sunny, 4-15mph  NE

Due to the family video confab, I got a late start tonight.  I was somewhat surprised that there were no cars parked.  There were 3 or 4 boats on the S side with one parked fairly close into the SW side. I started on the SE side.  I got a toothy and a couple of jumpers, no dogs.  I switched to the SE side at 8:30PM. I caught a couple of jumpers and a toothy on the Cubby Minnow combo.  The boat got a couple silvers and a boat out in the mud on the SE side got 4 or 5 of them. I got one small silver. I threw it back thinking I would get another one to take a picture of, but that didn't happen. I left at 9:45PM because nothing was going on.  The wind had really come up when I was leaving.

No comments: