Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Devin's Birthday Bullhead and Rampaging Pike In LSB

Devin's Birthday Bullhead

18" SBKO (Pearl/Org)

24" Mann's Classic Buzzbait

Water Level getting really low
Not a great morning by any means

5:00-6:00AM GOMH NE SW Getting Devin's Birthday Bullhead
7:00-10:30AM Loon Sex Bay, Dock
58-54℉, Cloudy, 2-9mph SE
59-61℉ Low Water falling

I tried to get Dev a golden, but it wasn't to be. At about 5:30AM I lost a jumper at the Rocks.  I cast the Jerk Shad to the same spot and caught the bullhead's twin brother on the next cast.  I ended up leaving the GOMH after an hour with 5 jumpers all on the Jerk Shad and 1 toothy that went for the orange SBKO on the SW side.

Next, I took the Trophy to Loon Sex Bay and there was life with baitfish getting popped all over the place.  I threw out a Horny Toad and immediately had something erupt on it but not hook up.  Never did find out what it was.  I then got a couple hammer handles.  I switched to the SBKO and caught a bunch of pike getting bit off three times, but never losing the lure.  I did get a skinny 18-inch bass in the SE corner on the SBKO that was holding on a Lilly pad root.  Probably a spawning male.  I got one other small bass out of that general area.  I drifted with the wind to Loon Sex Point getting some bigger pike on the Mann's Buzzbait with Horny Toad. I did get another quality bass at the North bay entrance on blue/black Poison. 

I didn't have it in me to go up into Inlet Bay. I stopped at West Point and missed a couple of bites  I did get two bass off the dock on a Poison.

I didn't fish in the evening and went to bed early.

10 Bass
26 Pike

No comments: