Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Rain at the GOMH, Then a Short Trophy Trip to F Flat

2-5oz,16" SBKO (Orange)


7:30-8:15PM GOMH SW NE
8:45-9:15PM F Flat
64℉, Cloudy with light rain to PC, 0-3mph NW

Due to the rain, I held off on fishing until after 7PM and started at the GOMH hoping it would soon tail off as it was forecast to do.  I only took two rods (Chatterbait, Craw Tube) and the scale with me to start. I got several jumpers on the Poison and missed several hits as well.  A couple guys showed up and said they saw several bass swimming right along the SE side rocks. I cast over there and caught one. They left. I got a couple on the Junebug Craw tube.  The rain stopped. I picked up my light topwater rod and my tackle bag and went to the NE side.  I got a 12-incher on the SBKO and the 2-2 on the Poison.  Then a boat fishing in a league went through.  I left shortly after that.

I was going to give Bulldog a try, but instinctively turned in at South Platte Lake Drive, so I just went with it.  I then decided to quickly load the Trophy rather than fish off the dock.  I went to F Flat and got the picture fish and a 12.5-incher on the SBKO.  I lost a couple bites on the Poison and had a couple of nibbles that quickly let go of the Craw Tube.  I also had to retrieve the SBKO when I broke off at the spool.

8 Jumpers
2 Bass

No comments: