Friday, May 22, 2020

Successful Morning and Evening with Todd

Todd's First Shower Blows Bullhead of 2020


17.75" Poison/Swim Fluke Jr. (B/B/GP)

18" Horny Toad (Junebug/Chart)


5:30-11:30AM GOMH, SPRO, Inlet Bay S, Dock
65-56℉, Cloudy, 1-5mph SE
60-62℉ Low Falling

First trip with Todd of 2020 and it was a good one.  He came up late on Thurs.night.  He was on the board quickly at the GOMH.  We fished our way to the Sullivan Platte River Outlet.  One notable fish for me was my first hollow body frog jack of the year after just telling Todd I hadn't landed any of my hits on one yet this year.  We caught fish all over the flat related to the pads.  I don't think we got anything at the River Mouth, however. 

I took Todd in at around 10:00AM and headed up to the South end of Inlet Bay.  I got one pig on a Horny Toad and a bunch of pike.  I was kind of a clown show and had enough by 11:30.  I did get my 5 sunnies off of the dock in short order.

30 Bass (12 Bass were Todd's)
25 Pike (5 Pike were Todd's)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17.5" Poison/Swim Fluke Jr.

17.25" Poison

17.5" Poison
Todd's 3 3lber gave us a 3lb average for the Best 6 of the Day
7:00-9:00PM Reeds Across to F Flat
61-65℉, Cloudy, 0-6mph ESE
62℉

Started in the reeds across.  Got no bites until we were a good way into the reeds and then they were small pike and bass on the inside edge.  Got out on F Flat.  Picked up a Platte Lake Special as we were heading to the Juice.  A good school was hanging on the inside weedline between "the dock" and the juice. I should have anchored.  My bite to catch ratio was terrible.  Todd got his 3 3's but lost some good fish as well including one big that buried him in the cabbage and got off.  Dropping bigs is never a good idea.  The school skedaddled after this trip.

21 Bass (10 Bass were Todd')
13 Pike (6 Pike were Todd's)

No comments: