Saturday, May 16, 2020

Slow Steady Morning in the Trophy

17.5" Stanley Phantom

16.25" Teckel Sprinker

This Mornings Sunrise

5:05-5:50AM GOMH
6:30-12:00PM SPRO, Access Across, F Flat
58-54℉, Cloudy some light rain, 2-6mph ENE

I started at the GOMH hoping for some gold. No such luck. Missed one bite late on the SW side. Headed for the Trophy by 6AM.  I went straight to the SPRO over by the Channel Bouys.  The first bite was 16-incher on the Teckel Sprinker, a great start.  I missed a couple of hits and not much was happening so I started throwing the chart firetiger Phantom.  I got a couple of pike and good bass (17.5,16.5) on that around the juice.  I also got some pike on a Horny Toad.  I worked in shallow along the N shoreline getting bites on a variety of baits, but not hooking most of them.  The hay made fishing a pain.  I got one good bass at the river mouth on the Phantom.  I then worked along the W/S shoreline getting pike and mostly small bass in the lily pads on the Wat Eagle Buzz Toad.   I got checked by the C.O.'s and it started to sprinkle.  I decided to move when I got to the intersection.

I went to the cane at Access Across.  I got a couple of pike on the Poison and lost a 3lb bass at the boat.  It started raining a little harder.  I got a couple of more pike and one small bass on the flat as I drifted along.  Missed a few bites as well.  I ended on F Flat getting one pike.

No comments: