Thursday, May 21, 2020

In the Trophy Morning And Evening

17" SBKO (Orange)


6:00-9:00AM  NGOMH, NSPRO to River Mouth, East of GOMH
60-56℉, Cloudy to PC, 0-7MPH SE

Elected to straight to the Trophy this morning with the late start.  I had to be off the water by 9AM.  I drove straight to the GOMH picking off a 17-incher immediately on the SBKO (orange).  I then got a couple of pike and a Platte Lake Special as I got to the bridge.  Nothing on the S side.  I then went to Eagle Look Point working my way quickly to the second buoy picking off one pike on a buzzbait.  I had caught bass here and there as I drifted across the NSPRO Flat picking up Platte Lake Specials.  I anchored several times, but didn't get bit much when I did.  I lost a Platte Lake Special at the boat that went for the Sprinker.

I spent the final half hour in Platte East of GOMH.  Panfish Guy was fishing the hay on the Platte side when I drove by the GOMH.  I think I got a couple of bass and pike on the flat related to pads.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17" Right Off the Bat

Typical Day of Platte Lake Specials

8:00-9:15PM East Of GOMH
65℉, Cloudy, 2-8mph S
60℉

 Caught the Sunny off the dock.

I went East of GOMH.  While I was getting set up a fish boiled within casting range. That little tell ended up getting me two quality bass in the first three casts with the black herringbone Shower Blows Knock Off.  I thought it was going to be AWWWWWWWN with stuff busting to the West of me.  Turns out that was a school of little hammer handles.  I got one more 14-inch bass near some pads on the flat. Big disappointment.

No comments: