Saturday, May 23, 2020

(Bass Opener) Todd Rough Morning Trip Until.../ I Pulled it Out In the Evening As Well





5:30-9:30AM F Flat to Green Dock, Big Bass Point/Todd's Pond to Double Cane, Dock
64℉, Cloudy, 0-4mph ESE
61-62℉ Low falling

Spent way too long trying to make the juice on F Flat pop after a couple "just bass" got us started.  Got a few scattered bites on the way to the Green Pontoon Lift;  There was a dead tree out from there that both Todd and I lost a good bite off of.  Then we went to Todd's Pond/Big Bass Point.  I broke off at the spool with the SBKO to start things out. AGGGGGH.  Got a few Platte Lake Specials, but it really wasn't happening at BBP.  Todd was pretty much missing every bite he got. I worked us around the shallow pads getting some pike and then up to Double Cane where we ran into a dispersed school of Platte Lake Specials of which Todd caught several.  I think it started to sprinkle so we headed in.

I caught the crappie and 5 quick sunnies off the dock.

15 Bass
19 Pike
1 Crappie
5 Sunfish
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3-8oz 18.25" Bass Jig/Craw Fatty

3-2oz 18" Poison/Swim Fluke Jr.


6:30-9:00PM Access Across, Green Pontoon, F Flat
60-67℉, PC, 0-5mph E
62℉ Low

I fished the reeds across from the access to around the maidencane.  Got one bass in the reeds around Todd's toad spot. Then nothing until I got to the cattails.  Mostly pike there.  I didn't have the guts to stick things out trying to find a needle in the haystack of where the bass might be out there.  I went to go find the tree we fished this morning, but it was gone.  I did manage to stick a toad out from under the Green Pontoon Dock and at F Flat.  There were wave runners and people all over the place tonight.  Including fisherman on "the dock.
8 Bass
6 Pike

No comments: