Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Morning GOMH/ Evening Bulldog & GOMH



19.5" Cubby/minnow

16.5" Cubby/Minow
5:35-7:00AM GOMH NE SW
47℉, PC, 0-4mph NW

Started on the SW side, nothing.  Switched to the NE.  Got a golden and a couple jumpers on the Cubby/minnow combo.  I went back on the SW side got a couple more jumpers.  No silvers again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8" THE Jig/worm



14.5" Poison/Grass Pig Jr.

Full Moon up before sunset

24" Cubby/Minnow
6:40-7:00PM GOMH NE
7:05-7:40 Bulldog Access and Bog Spot
7:45-8:10PM Lake Dock
8:25-11:00PM GOMH SE SW NE

I went to the GOMH first.  The NE was open so I went there.  I got a jumper on a Strike King Spinnerbait on the first cast.  I also got a jumper on the Grass Pig.  Not much was going on so I bounced quickly.  Nobody was at Bulldog.  I got a few sunfish and a couple bass.  Sunfish were an unapologetic attempt to boost my fish caught per hour numbers, but it wasn't whack and stack so I bounced.  I went and got the stroller and an anchor at the Lake Place. I threw a few casts when John W. called from the GOMH.  Turns out only one lady was there, so I beelined to get a spot.  Sure enough, only the one lady was there. I took the open SE side.  John left. Around 9PM I got a silver just as the lady hooked a jumper as I was explaining current moving into Platte makes the fishing more difficult a lot of the time.  I put the silver in the bucket.  Turns out it was the only one I would get.  At the end of the night, I released it from the bucket forgetting to take a picture, duh!  I did take a pic of it sitting by the shore in the shallow water.  Then like a putz, I didn't recall that I had taken the picture and erased it by mistake thinking the picture was a mistake, double duh!  The lady left. I switched to the SW side and didn't get a bite.  I then went to the NE side and got the 24" golden bullhead.  That was my last bite of the night.  A small pike swam along the rocks and there were shiners and I think a school of very small 3" crappies tonight.  The moon was bright and I just hung around listening to the frogs for a while.  Only 2 days until Opener.

No comments: