Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Evening at the GOMH

19" Jerk Shad (Crackle)



8:45-10:30PM GOMH NE SW
45-50℉, PC, 2-4 NW

Somebody was fishing on the S side when I arrived so I went to the NE side.  Loons were calling loudly back and forth on the both sides of the bridge.  The Loons in Platte swam through got into a donnybrook and swam back. (It may or may not have been a loon tussle)  I had a Strike King Spinnerbait get bit off.  I got a small jumper on the Vet Chatterjig.  After missing a couple of bites I hooked up on a golden.  As I was going to get the pail the people on the S side left, so I moved the car to the SE.  John W. showed up as I was getting out.  I gave him the golden bullhead.  We both missed a couple of bites. He went to the S side.  I then got a backlash that had a tricky tangle, do to me forgetting my headlamp. John headed to other locals. Eventually, I got the backlash figured out and lost one more bite.  I headed out at 10:30PM.

No comments: