Wednesday, May 13, 2020

GOMH Morning/ In the Trophy in the Evening




13" Shower Blows 105 (Bone)
5:00-8:30AM GOMH NE SW SE
47-45℉, Cloudy, 4-6 ESE
LOw and falling

Excellent morning at the GOMH.  Sunrise Spectacular! The bullheads were there and biting.  The first one was a 17" jumper that hit the second the Grass Pig hit the water on the far end of the tube.  Caught a bunch on the Jerk Shad on the NE side.  On the SW side I got several jumpers on the Jerk Shad as well.  Had several bites on topwater, but only caught a little guy.

15 Jumpin' Bullheads
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4-4oz 19.33" Poison (Blue/Black)

4-4oz 19.33" Craw Tube (Junebug)

3-6oz 17.75" Poison/Swim Fluke Jr.
Not a bad day at all

Trophy Back In the Water
5:30-9:00PM River Mouth SPRO Sullivan Lake
51-50℉, Cloudy some light rain, 6-15mph SSE
53℉ Low and falling

Launched out of the NE access on Sulivan and everything checked out so I headed to the River Mouth.  Boy, it was windy out of the East.  It sprinkled on and off the whole time.  I missed several bites to start, very frustrating.   I did get a couple of bass.  I spent way to much time at the River Mouth.  I then made my way along the NSPRO connecting with a good bass when I got into some emerging Lillies. I caught bass and pike as I made my way across the flat.  Then I hit a school anchored and put the wood to them with the Poison and Crawtube.  Missing several fish, unfortunately.  That finally died down.  I tried to mark a couple spots on the Garmin Striker but only managed to get one to save, doh.  I caught the last pig of the night on the Poison in the general vicinity of the school which was in some green cabbage in the Lillies.  John W. was landing a toothy when I went through at the GOMH.  I lost a lot of fish tonight. My game has just not been on this year.  At least I've got the Trophy back in the water. 

16 Bass
3 Pike 

No comments: