Saturday, May 02, 2020

Bog Spot at Bulldog & GOMH Night Bite Silvers

6" THE Jig


7" THE JIg

10" THE Jig

The Bog Spot looking towards the Bulldog Access.
7:30-8:00PM Bulldog Bog Spot & Access
8:15-10:15PM GOMH SW SE
57-60℉, Sunny, 4-15mph NW

I got a late start due to battling with two small pine trees, me eating a Kettle River Pizza, and had to take the Expedition because mom needed the Kia.  I decided to hit Bulldog first just to check and was a little amazed no one was there. It didn't seem any fish were either.  I got adventurous and found my way to the Bog Spot.  I was rewarded there with a couple of small pumpkinseeds, a small crappie, and a dink bass all caught on T.H.E. Jig.  It wasn't cast, catch, cast, catch so I wasn't interested.  I did get an 8-inch pumpkinseed at the access before I left.

I was amazed, no vehicle parked at the GOMH.  There were a couple of boats on the Southside but not crowding.  I elected to take the SW side.  Nothing much was going on.  I got a toothy and a jumper on the white craw tube and missed a couple other bites.  And saw a guy in a small ProCraft get a small toothy. The witching hour struck, no silver.  Two guys showed up and fished from the bridge. They went to the Northside of the bridge. I switched to the SE side a little after 9PM.  The guys came back to the Southside having caught a golden and a couple of nice jumpers.  Shortly after they arrived I got into a little flurry of silver going 9", 10", 9", 10". The last 10-incher broke my line as I was going to get it off.  I pulled the Cubby out of it's mouth and threw the fish in the bucket. I then switched to the Glow Demon Rod.  When I didn't get a bite on that after three casts I went about getting the Cubby retired with the Glow Demon bobbing on the waves.  I just about had the Cubby tied on when the bobber went under.  Missed the fish, dang it.  I finished tying on the Cubby and went with that missing a couple of bites then getting my third 10-incher.  I got one last 9".  I ended up giving the three I put in the bucket to the other guys.  I called it a night at quarter after 10.

No comments: