Monday, May 18, 2020

GOMH And Windy Morning Fishing the North

18.5" 3-15oz Pure Poison (Brown/Chart)



5:20-6:05AM GOMH
7:00-11:30AM  Dennis Flat to Big Bass Point
65-50℉, Mostly Sunny, 8-20mph NE

Got to the GOMH a little late for some gold.  I did get a toothy in the tube on the Poison.  Not much of a sunrise.  On the Sw side, I got a jumper on a Jerk Shad and the orange Shower Blows Knock Off. I debated whether to go out or not eventually deciding to take the Trophy to the Inlet Bay.  I ran three or 4 drifts to the South along the reed line getting mostly pike, but I did get a Platte Lake special on my second drift.  Then I drifted to the West picking up more pike and Platte Lake Specials.  I dropped a good one as I approached Double Cane.  I decided to drift to Big Bass Point.  I got the big one of the morning as I started my way down the cane point.  To bad he was a loner.  I also got a good one up by the point.  I then fished the Center North Bay.  There were a few bass and pike in the shallow emerging pads.  I got another Platte Lake Special as I came upon Double Cane Point.  I thought I had me toad hooked but it was just a really big stick.  The wind really came up, so I called it a day at 11:30AM.

13 Bass
23 Pike

No comments: