Friday, May 15, 2020

Not My Night

17.9" War Eagle Buzz (Jun/Chart)

24" Craw Tube (Junebug)

7:00-9:30PM F Flat, NE Inlet Bay to Double Cane Pt.
10:10-10:35 GOMH NE

55-65℉, PC, 0-7mph N
56℉ water level low

I didn't fish well on this trip.  I was just off.  I started on F Flat and lost the first bite due to a poor hookset.  I then caught the 24" pike of the craw tube.  I figured out bass were on the docks, but there were people out on most of the docks.  I gave NPBI a try, nothing.   Then I went to the NE of Inlet Bay Didn't get a hit east of the reeds.  I got the one nice bass soon after I entered the reeds.  That had me fishing way to slow figuring I didn't want to run over the fish.  I didn't have many bites.  Saw some fish activity really shallow, but didn't catch anything when I tried that.  The fish just weren't there and I didn't fish fast enough to find them.  The one good topwater hit got off and I hooked myself lightly on my back when the lure came flying back at me.  Lost multiple fish tonight. 

No comments: