Monday, May 25, 2020

(Bass Opener) Slow Developing Redemption

3-1 17.75" Craw Tube (Junebug)

17" SBKO (Orange)

24" SBKO (Orange)


The Loon at Sherman's Dock

15.71lbs Not a bad day
5:30-11:45AM F Flat, Big Bass Point/Todds Pond, Double Cane
74-57℉, Cloudy to PC, 0-4mph
62-64℉ Low with possible slight rise due to yesterday's rain.

I was worn out from the past few days of heavy fishing so I went to bed before 3PM and I got a good long night's sleep waking up just before 4AM.  Normally an hour is about right to get me "with it" but this morning I didn't feel " with it" until after 6:30AM.  Must have slept too much.

There was patchy heavy fog this morning on the drive up.  I opened the car door and heard a loon calling from Sherman's direction.  The loon continued to call while I got my stuff put in the boat.  The two loons were over by Sherman's dock when I was preparing to launch.  The one loon that was inspecting Sherman's dock swam along with me when I headed out.

The first spot was F Flat.   Much to my chagrin a guy came out and started fishing from the dock.   I started to the East of him.  Didn't get a hit over there.  I worked my way around the guy and caught a 13-inch bass in shallow along the juice dock on the orange SBKO.  The guy went in and something busted back behind me out where I got into the school of small bass last Fall.  I went to investigate and had what I believe was a good bass blow up the SBKO, but not get hooked.  I couldn't get anything else.  I went back toward the juice.  Had the SBKO break off at the spool in shallow by the juice dock where I got that first fish, so I had to run in and get it. I ended up losing that orange SBKO to a pike over the juice.  I also got a 17.75" bass on a junebug craw tube to the West of the juice.

I made a quick trip over to the Green Pontoon Dock and got a small pike on the orange SBKO.  Then I went to Big Bass Point/Todd's Pond and missed my first couple of bites on the SBKO and a craw tube.  More than a little frustrated.  Stuff was getting busted up by the point, but I started out at the cane.  I got myself on track landing a chunky 24" pike.  Then it was game on for Platte Lake Specials.  I caught 8 on the SBKO and 1 on the craw tube from 16" to 17.5".   I also got a few smaller bass and some pike.  A couple fish revealed there location and I managed to stick 'em.

Around 11Am I headed over to Double Cane and I got a couple small pike there.

I got psyched out by the way thunderstorms were re-developing and didn't go out on a perfect night.

14 Bass
9 Pike   

No comments: