Monday, May 18, 2020

GOMH Bust, Eddy's In the Evening

6lbs 26" Rippin Rap (Blue Chrome)

Celebratory Fist Pump

25" 4lb 9oz Rippin Rap (Perch)

Add caption

Hey get off my spot!

8:00-8:30PM GOMH NE SW
8:45-10:00PM Eddy's South Jetty Harbor Mouth
53-57℉, Mostly Sunny, 12-18mph E

The wind was blowing in at the N GOMH, but the fish weren't there, and nor was anybody else.  I did miss a hit on the Baby Burner and the Grass Pig on the NE side.  As per the plan, I headed to Eddy's.

The North Jetty had people so I went to the South Jetty.  To bad because the wind was perfect for the North Corner.  I started throwing the Grass Pig.  I lost that on a bad cast.  Note to self, retie the Fireline on that rod more often.  I tied on another mini-Power Clip and the blue/chrome Rippin Rap.  The big girl jumped all over it at the Harbor Mouth.  That was the last hit I got on blue/chrome.  I've noticed light conditions play a huge role in that particular color.  I then put on the Perch Color Rippin Rap.  I got 3 eyes (25, 21,24) on that. After I got the 25-incher I had to wait for the Goose Family to get off my spot, tourists! I broke off the Perch Rap when I wasn't paying attention at the end of the retrieve.  I put on a Shad Shallow on the Mojo 7MHM and didn't get bit.  The last lure of the night was a Jerk Shad and I got bit at 9:59PM, so a 19-incher was my last fish of the night. 

No comments: