Monday, July 16, 2018

Slow Morning, Better Evening Trip

2.97lbs/17" Hack Jig/Chigger Craw
6:00-9:00AM Green Cabin Bay
Conditions: 55-72℉, Sunny, 3-12MPH SW W NW
Water Temp: 75℉
15.25" Terminator Frog
Because I got a late start I skipped the GOMH and went right for the Trophy.  I headed right for Green Cabin Bay.  I stopped in the rice with pads on the southern end.  I got the 15-incher on about my 5th cast.  That was it for bass this morning.  I had a pike steal a Sprinker Tail on Chuck's point.  Lost a little pike on a swimbait in the pads and outside of the reeds on Chuck's Point on the weedless chatterjig.  I just couldn't get the fish that I know are there to go.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
Lucky to get this fish in

Straight back to the right of the motor is where it came out of
 7:00-9:30PM Double Cane Point
Conditions: 79-72℉, Mostly Sunny, 18-Calm NW
Water Temp: 80℉

It was really windy when I went out, but the forecast was for winds to be diminishing. I started in the windblown rice/slop on the North side of Double Cane Point. I had a fish reveal itself, but couldn't get it to go. In the money area, I had a fish on the Grass Pig and Chigger Craw.  Finally, on the South side of the point, I had a good bass (2.24) hit the Bobby's Perfect like it hadn't had a meal in days.  The 17-incher gave its position away and I got it on the Hack Jig.  I then got a dink on the Bobby's Perfect and two quality keepers (1.89,2.46) to close out the night.
12.65 for my bass today

No comments: