Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Big Bass In the Morning, OK Night As Well

4.45lbs/19.25" Bobby' Perfect (Sparrow)
6:00-10:30AM 17" Hole, Across Public, Green Cabin
Conditions: 56-73℉, Sunny, 2 to8mph SSE
Water Temp: 76℉
2.95lbs/17" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
Since I left the house at 5:30 I skipped the GOMH.  I headed West of the 17" Hole.  I had a small pike miss the Horny Toad right away.  I got up to the 17" Hole and I had a big fish just crush the Terminator Frog, but not hook up.  Missed a smaller fish on the very next cast.  About 5 minutes later I got on the board with the 17-incher.  I missed another hit right after that.  I kept working my way East.  I was just thinking I hadn't had a bite in about 45 minutes and should to Green Cabin Bay when the 4 pounder crushed Bobby's Perfect when the cast landed.  The wind made the cast land in a spot I wasn't looking, but I did see the splash, so I reeled up and set the hook.
2.95lbs/16.9" Bobby's Perfect
I kept working my way East.  The whole area from the 17 Hole East looks as fishable as it ever has.  I got the 16.9" off of a rice point.  I missed a good size pike on the back side of the cane.  As I made my way to Green Cabin I spilled my frog box.  Good move to not lock and secure it Claude.  I had one small attempt at a take in the pads.  That was it for my 45 minutes in the juice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.72lbs/17.9" Terminator Frog
7:00-9:30PM Across & SPSI, Channel Inn Bay
Conditions: 78-72℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-5MPH SE
Water Temp: 78℉
2.91lb/17.25" Terminator Frog.
I started in the reeds across from SPSI.  Nothing going on there except a couple small pike.  I then went in and had a bit of a clown show on the docks missing a couple of bites.  I missed a couple of bites in the reeds on SPSI.  At 7:50 I pulled the plug and went to the South side of Channel Inn Bay.  I missed a good hit right away in the mouth of the first boat channel on the yellow Spro Sprinker.  I then missed a hit farther in the rice.  I had a fish wake at the Terminator and finally blow up on it.  I expected it to be a doggy, but was pleasantly surprised it was the 17.9-incher.  I then had a pike mess with me, before having the 17.25 blow up the Terminator.  I missed a good blow up and then got a 15-incher on the Terminator.  I then went to throwing the Spro Sprinker and lost a 16/17 on about my third cast when the fish jumped and threw the lure back at me.  Shortly after that, I got a 15.75-incher which was my last weigh fish for the day.  I had a small pike steal the yellow Spro Sprinker. 
slice
The skeeters got bad and I got out of there.  The area I was fishing doesn't look as good as last year but is still holding fish obviously.
19.33lbs for my best 6 Bass today

No comments: