Wednesday, July 04, 2018

4th of July With Todd



3.48lbs/17.75" Terminator Frog
8:30-9:50PM Chuck's Point, Green Cabin Bay
Conditions: 79-74℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-6 mph SSE
Water /temp: 74℉
15" Bobby' Perfect (Sparrow)
After a full day of swimming and pontoon rides Todd and I headed out for some fishing.  Not much was going on at Chuck's point tonight.  I got one dink on Bobby's and Todd missed a blowup or two.  I then moved us across the way into the pads and reeds in Green Cabin.  I didn't put the trolling motor down right away.  I made a couple of casts.  I made a cast and decided right in the middle of it would be a good time to put the trolling motor in the water.  I put my rod down and started reaching for the trolling motor when a big bass blasted my frog.  I picked up my rod and set the hook, but I missed the fish, AAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!  I think I missed my next hit as well.  I then got a 13 and 14 incher.  I lost that Bobby's Perfect off of the Power Clip when a fish hit.  My fault for not closing the eye on the frog, which had been getting more and more open.  Todd got the last bass of the night.  The skeeters stayed off of us until about 9:40PM.

No comments: