Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Pete Day #3, Just An Evening Trip

14.5" Spinnerbait
7:30-9:30PM
Conditions: 78-74℉, Overcast, Wind 3-8 MPH SE
Water Temp: 74℉
Pete was in a better mood tonight, so things went off relatively smoothly.  I was heading us to NPBI, but Pete cut that off so we could fish the weed flat in front of Don's.  Not sure there is much of a weed flat in front of Don's, but whatever.  I had a pike hit me pretty quick.  Pete got the pike in the photo then lost a bass boat side.  Then caught the bass in the picture. I got a pike around the point. Then had a good size pike come off.  We then got into the slop in LSB where we spent the last hour or so.  I had a couple of pike hits.  Pete had a couple of pike hits.  Pete also missed a couple of good blow-ups and lost a bass that he almost had to the boat out of "the hole."  After Pete's first good blow up miss, I told him about the wait 3-second video.  He had obviously to me set the hook way to quick.  He totally questioned everything about what I told him about it.  He thought 3 seconds was way too long to wait.  What was the guy making the video's qualifications? On "the hole" bass as he was struggling to bring it in through the rice he commented that we should go get it.  I just rolled my eyes at that suggestion. 

No comments: