Friday, July 27, 2018

...And Then Shark Week Broke Out

Nothing much was going on...
23" Bobby's Perfect

Frog hook is toast thanks to the Black & Decker Tackle Wrecker
6:30-9:20PM NW Inlet, Just East of the 17" Hole/Access Across
Conditions: 74-68℉, Mostly Sunny, Calm-5 MPH NW
Water Temp: 74-70℉
2.75lbs/16.5" Bobby's Perfect
After taking a few days off from fishing I started out the evening fishing the slop in the NW corner of Inlet Bay.  I started in the reeds/pads.  Had a pike swipe at the Sprinker right away, then it was nothing for a long time.  I worked down the rice edge and then back out along the pads.  There was some pike, but that was it.  At 7:45 I headed for the 17" Hole.  I had a pike miss the Bobby's Perfect Frog right away.  Nothing going on at the 17" Hole.  A fish gave its position away on the big rice point just East of the 17" Hole in some standing rice.
2.53lbs/16.25" Bobby's Perfect
This was the fish that gave it's position away.  Unfortunately, it was hooked in the tongue.  It wasn't bleeding so I released it.  Two casts later the 16.5" was in the boat.  A couple casts later a 13.75" was in the boat.  I made a cast along the rice and I noticed the 16.25" floating on the surface, just then I had a good fish hit.  I didn't get a good hookset due to me looking at the 16.25" and the fish got off.  I went and netted the 16.25" and put it in the livewell to hold to see if it would survive.  I then got a 16", a 13, and a 14" bass.  Then I got the dogfish.  Getting that dude settled down and off the hook took a good 10 minutes.  It had spun itself up in the rice really good as the picture of my Bobby's Perfect at the top of this blog shows.  The hook was twisted so that Frog was unusable.  I had a spare with and caught 4 more bass on it (15, 13.5,13,11) and a couple pike.  I also got a couple of 13-inch bass on the yellow Terminator and a pike or two before the skeeters drove me away.
12.87lbs for my Best 6 Bass Tonight


No comments: