Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Pete Day #4 Morning Final Trip

Unmeasured/unweighed Pete Pure Poison Fish
6:30-8:30AM Platte Lake Big Island and Don's Point
Conditions: 74-68℉, Cloudy with a storm forcing us off, 6-20MPH SE SW W
Water Temp: 74℉
Today was my last day to fish with Pete.  I should have got him woken up sooner.  I was up all night watching the Nathan's hot dog eating marathon on ESPN.  I was going to take us around the point into the SE corner of Inlet Bay, but Pete pointed to the NE Point of the Big Island with the wind blowing on it.  A very fishy looking spot so I stopped.  I got a small bass right away then a pike.  Pete got a small bass then he got the big one.   Rather than go to my spot Pete just wanted to work around the Big Island. I learned some things about Pete.  He likes to see new water and constantly be on the move unless catching fish.  This in addition to his need to be the one to find and figure out the fish makes us two different fishing styles.


Anyway, the sky's got dark so we headed to Don's point.  I just thought we should go in before the rain hit.  We both got a pike I think.  Then the wind hit blowing hard out of the WSW, so we headed in fast.  Fortunately, we beat the really heavy rain, which didn't last nearly as long as we thought it would.  We packed up and left during what we thought was a lull, but there wasn't much more to it.

No comments: