Saturday, August 04, 2018

With Steve at Channel Inn Bay & The Melon Patch

3.17lbs/17.75" Ish's Phat Frog (Silver)
6:30-9:10PM Channel Inn Bay & The Melon Patch
Conditions: Lower 70's humid, Mostly Sunny with haze, 4-7MPH S
Water Temp: 72-70℉ water level on the rise again.
17" Terminator Frog (Green)
Water in the boat made it a slow haul to Channel INN Bay.  I got the 17-incher right away.  Steve missed a good blow up in the outside of the boat lane.  He missed the next two blow ups as well.  I thin I missed a blow up as well.  At 7:40, when it was pretty clear there wouldn't be any storms tonight I took us to the Melon Patch.  I had a pike steal my special B.A.S.S. color Pad Crasher Frog.  First time using the frog, first hit and he gone.  Easy come easy go.
26" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
Steve had what he believed was a big bass or dogfish blow up on his frog, but lost it.  A couple minutes later Steve had a fish blowup in the same general area and missed it a couple of times.  We both thought it was a dogfish. I cast my frog where the fish was and the 26" pike blasted me.  The fish was hooked by the Power Clip.
  While I was trying to figure out how to get it unhooked Steve missed another blowup.  I missed a blowup as we were drifting through the Patch.  Steve finally hooked and landed a Melonhead.
I caught a 15-incher that I forgot to weigh on my scale.  I used my lantern to get a weight for the fish on my scale (around .25lb light of the actual fish. It was definitely a 2lb 15-inches)
7.42lbs for the 3 Bass tonight
2 Bass
2 Pike 
Steve
1 Bass
2 Pike
15.76lbs Yesterday Morning and tonight's weight

No comments: