Friday, August 03, 2018

GOMH & Big Momma In The Melon Patch

4.76lbs/20.33" Terminator Poppin' Frog (Green)
6:15-6:45AM GOMH NE
7:30-9:30AM Melon Patch
Conditions: 54-72℉, Partly Cloudy, 4-18MPH ESE

Got kind of a late start not getting to the GOMH until 6:15. It was a beautiful red sunrise, but I inexplicably didn't take any pictures.  I also didn't take a picture of the 15.25" jumpin' bullhead I caught on the bone Shower Blows 105. I also had a good-sized pike miss the SB.  Nothing on the SW side.

Once I was in the Trophy I headed right for the Melon Patch as the wind was still fairly manageable for the run.  The wind was more ESE than SSE unfortunately so there was more ripple on the water than I prefer.  I missed a fish on the very first cast; I was throwing the lime Sprinker to start and just got that one hit.  Due to the wind, I was anchoring. 

I got "Big Momma" on the backside of the biggest rice patch in the long rice line.  When I saw that big head I was thinking 5lber, but then I picked her up and saw how thin she was and thought nope probably not. I then measure her at 20.33-inches and I thought, maybe.  I weighed her, 4.76lbs, nope.  The longest bass I've caught out of Platte in few years and it's a "Thin Lizzy."  Still in search of my first 5 for the year.  I got one other bass out of the rice on a green pumpkin Grass Pig.  I also missed a hit on the Grass Pig.  The wind was cranking up and I didn't want to put sunscreen on so I called it a day at 9:30.
8.33lbs for my 3 Bass
      3 Bass

No comments: