Tuesday, August 14, 2018

One Stinkin' Pike, That's It!

5:45-6:15AM GOMH
6:45-9:00AM Reeds Across. Todd's Pond
Low 70's, Cloudy, 3-18MPH N NNE

With a front approaching, I thought the fish would really be snapping this morning, but that wasn't the case.  Could it be the thunder when I first arrived at the GOMH.  The GOMH was a bust.  The reeds across the way produced a couple of bites that didn't hook up.  Next, I went to Todd's Pond.
Looking to the South

Looking to the North
Todd's Pond is an area of reeds, pads, and rice off of Big Bass Point.  It has thick rice to the West and North and cane to the East and North.  Shortly after taking the pics of the place I lost a big bass in the thicker reeds in the center of the pic looking North.  I also had a 16/17 bass miss the frog as I was bringing through some rice with reeds.  I got the one pike and that was it. Lighting forced me to leave before I wanted to,  Oh well.

No comments: