Sunday, August 26, 2018

Out With The Brothers On A Windy Cloudy Night

16" Terminator Frog (Green Frog)
7:00-8:30PM NE Inlet to Double Cane Pt.
73℉, Cloudy, 12-16mph E
75℉

The wind was blowing out of the worst possible direction ENE when we set out.  We started at the pads in NE Inlet and Todd missed what he thought was a pike and Steve had a pike miss his frog.  Steve had something big not hook up in the reeds/pads.  All three of us missed hits along the rice line and Todd had my Terminator get bit off.  Todd had the best casting as I drifted us backward anchoring about every 10 yards or so.  When we got to the end of the rice I pulled us into the reeds.  I lost a fish that hung me on a reed, 75% it was a pike.  I then got the skunk out of the boat for us.  Steve lost a fish right off the point and I lost a 90% sure small pike as well. 

No comments: