Monday, August 27, 2018

Morning GOMH Dud, Some Fish Around Big Rice

As I pulled up the boathouse door then turned around and took this picture.
6:00-6:30AM GOMH
7:00AM-12:30PM Big Rice Point & the Flat, 3 Loon Flat
73℉, Sunny to Cloudy, Light Wind from S to NW
72℉
15.25" Terminator Frog (Green)
Didn't even get a hit at the GOMH.  Headed out to Big Rice Point.  Didn't get anything off the tip, but stuff was getting smoked out on the flat and in the junk towards the 17" Hole.  I headed toward the stuff in the junk.  I got a 12.75-inch bass on the Bobby's Perfect then lost a bigger one a couple casts later.  That was it except for a couple of pike.   I then started throwing a buzzbait on the flat and got a few pike doing that.  Also lost a couple that might have been bass.  I worked my way back to Big Rice and was throwing the Sprinker along the East side when I got a 13.9-inch bass.  I wasn't ready and missed a fish on the very next cast.  I kept working down the East side of the point where it turns to pads and scrub weeds.  I got the 15-incher there.  I also missed some fish.  I got stuck in a rut.  Eventually, I got out of there.  I stopped at 3-Loon.  I got a dink by some pads along the docks on the perch Plopper and a couple of small pike on the junebug Jackhammer.

No comments: