Friday, August 17, 2018

Pre-Fishing Pelican With Snatcher "Hammer"

11:30AM-3:00PM Pelican Lake
82℉, Heavy Smokey Haze, 0-3MPH Sw
78℉

With the heavy haze, one would have thought the bass would be on the chew.  But all we caught was one bass; at least it was a good one.  Hammer caught it on our second stop on a craw tube. It hit on the fall. I did have a big bass miss my topwater, which I threw about 25% of the time.  Hammer caught a couple of pike and we missed a few hits that felt like bass.  The lake really has Dwight befuddled right now.  It's a lake he has fished a lot over the years and it's never come together for him in a Snatcher tournament.  I figure he is overdue for a good finish on the lake.  He has been catching quality fish for the most part, but it's been hours between bites.  I will be mentally prepared for the tournament to be a grind. 

No comments: