Monday, August 06, 2018

Fish Were AWWN, Me Not So Much

17" Terminator Frog (Hot Mud Camo)
6:30-9:10PM Access Across Point to Big Rice Point
Conditions: 77-70℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm to 5 MPH NW
Water Temp: 76℉
16" Terminator Frog (Hot Mud Camo)
I started off in the reeds off the point.  I missed the first blowup about 10 minutes in.  Soon after I caught a dink on the green Terminator Frog.  I then missed another good blow up close to shore.  I caught a 13.75-incher out of the spot on a 6" Yum Dinger.  I then missed the next two blow ups when the fish buried me in the reeds.  At this point, it was apparent to me the fish were AWWWWWWWN.  And I told myself I should go to the Melon Patch, but I didn't.  I caught two 14.25-inchers on the green Terminator along with missing a couple more fish.  I also missed a fish on the Grassmaster Jig.  I then had the green Terminator stolen by a fish.  I didn't have any more green Terminator Frogs with me so I put on the Hot Mud Camo color.  I quickly caught a dink on it.  Then I missed two quality fish in a row. Major frustration at that point.  I was almost set to move then I caught the 16-incher.  I think I missed the next bite, then caught the 17-incher.  I caught two more 15-inchers on the Terminator to end the night.  Not a bad trip, but it could have been so much better if I was on my game.  Debating whether to move or not took me off of my game. 


I'm hitting the Melon Patch first tomorrow.
13.05lbs for my Best 6 tonight
9 Bass
1 Pike

No comments: