Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Fishing With Steve For A Couple Of Hours

3.35lbs/17.5" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
6:30-8:30PM Channel Inn Bay & Big Rice Point
68-64℉, Mostly Sunny, 2-5mph SSE
72℉
3.35lbs/17" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
After not fishing yesterday, I thought I should go out today.  Didn't go in the morning because it was cold and foggy.  Steve came along.  I went to Channel in Bay first.  We hadn't had a bite in 20 minutes and I just finished telling Steve how the bass might be hunkered down with the cold front that hit yesterday when the 17.5-incher annihilated my frog.  About 10 minutes later I got the 17-incher.  And 10 minutes later I got a 16.5".  I also got a couple of pike strikes.  Steve had a few fish dog him but not hit.  By 8PM we were on the way to Big Rice Point where an amazing amount out of slop/rice disappeared over the last couple of days.  I missed a couple bites and that was it.  There was some fish activity that we cast to, but whatever it was that made the swirls wouldn't hit our frogs. Steve got skunked.
3 Bass
3 Pike
Steve Skunked

No comments: