Sunday, November 13, 2016

Pike Only Tonight And A Few Topwater Misses

17.5" Pure Poison w/Craw Fatty
3:45-5:30PM Juice
Conditions: 65-52℉, Mostly Sunny, Mod to Very Light SW wind, Water Temp: 45℉

I finally pulled myself away from the Internet to go fishing.  I only brought a few rods out.  The light Mojo, Both 6' 8" St. Croix's, and the two TD with jigs on them.  I started out at the juice reeds and drifted my way toward the flag.  I picked up 3 quick pike.  I fished jigs to the dock getting nothing.  I started fishing my way back with the Poison.  I missed a fish that just nailed it.  A little while later I had a good fish bite the Poison off after a 5 second fight.

At that point the wind had died down some and it was getting close to prime time so I elected to not take the time to tie another lure on the Mojo and go to topwater fishing.  About 3 minutes later something large moved a bunch of water over by where I got bit off.  If it was the fish that bit me off, it was a huge one.

I started off throwing the red ear sunfish Slush Daddy, then switched up to a white one.  I had what I think was a small pike miss that.  It calmed down some more, so I gave the bluegill Megabass Pop Max a try.  I had two panfish like hits on that.  Then I could swear a 17 inch bass came out of the water and missed the Pop Max. I worked the lure on the spot slowly; I didn't set the hook.  I made another cast to the spot and worked the lure slowly again.  A fish hit it, but it wasn't a bass.
18" Pop Max
I think that was my last hit of the night, but there might have been one more.  The super moon came up and I bailed.



No comments: