Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Calm Day, Got a Few Even a Topwater Fish in 46 Degrees

17.33" Bubble Walker



2:00-6:30PM South of Big Island, Channel Inn Bay, South of Small Island
Conditions: 58-53 degrees, Calm, Mostly to partly cloudy, 46 degree water temp.

15" Poison w/Craw Fatty b/b on second cast
I went to the South end of the Big Island where something had just boiled.  I got a bass on my second cast.  The new camera went on the fritz for about a minute, but I got it working again.  I started working down the reed line and I got a good pike on the A.T. Jig with Craw Fatty trailer.
All-Terrain A.T. Jig w/Craw Fatty (Junebug/b/b)

28.25"
I got a small pike on the A.T. Jig as I worked my way West in the reeds.  Because of the calm conditions I was also throwing the Bubble Walker.  I threw it out in the right spot and the 17.33" crushed it.  Was a little disappointed it wasn't a bigger fish. I got one more small pike on the Poison.

I then went to the North Point of Channel Inn Bay.  I worked my way around the reeds. I was casting out into the bay when a fish boiled on the Bubble Walker but didn't get it.  Couldn't get it to hit again or did I?  About 5 minutes later I had a good fish boil harder on it, but not get it.  I ended up with my line hung on the rod tip and my line also caught up in the trebles on the Walker.  I moved into the bay to give the hay a try, but then two beavers showed up and started splashing around so I got out of there.
Sun setting over the GOMH



 I went to the South side of the Small Island.  I think I had a good fish bury me in the reeds and I had a small pike miss the A.T. Jig.  Then the light was gone and I was out.  It was such a calm night, just wish the water temps were 5 degrees warmer. I didn't see any baitfish activity.

   

No comments: