Monday, November 14, 2016

44° Water And Still Hitting Topwater

17" Pop Max
3:30-5:30PM Juice in the Trophy
Conditions: 51-45℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm, Water Temp: 44℉.
Where the Sun was at after I got the first fish
When I first arrived there was a slight NE wind blowing.  I started out fishing with a Tomato Jerk Shad, but didn't get anything on that.  After about 20 minutes it got calm and I switched to the LiveTarget BaitBall Popper.  There was a boil up by shore, so I went in Shallow.  I got a 15.5" bass on the BaitBall in the shallow cabbage.  It just sucked it in.
 The camera was on the Fritz/not warmed up, so I didn't get a picture of the fish.  I took a picture of the BaitBall and the two pictures above that one pretty much immediately after releasing the fish when the camera started working.

I moved to the East of the Flag and got a pike on the Pop Max.
20.5" Megabass Pop Max
Where the Sun was at after I got the pike.
I moved back West of the Flag out in in a little deeper water.  This was what I was looking at.  Spectacular!!!
I then got the 17 incher on the Pop Max.
17" Pop Max (same as fish at the top of blog) 
Where the sun was fight after the 17"
There were very few busting fish tonight, but there was a seagull flying around and landing.  I busted off one of the front treble's in the mouth of the 17 incher, right in the lower lip.  That didn't stop me from catching my last bite of the night.
15.75" Pop Max
Where the sun was at when I got that fish
 I was moving in toward shore and I backlashed.  After getting the backlash out in my haste to get the lure back out there I FUBAR'd my line in the reel.
Trying to get that situation straightened out pretty much ended my night.  I broke the line at the reel while trying to get it out at the Lake Place thus losing about 15 feet of line.  The line was still stuck in the reel.  I had to bring the reel home and take the handle and star drag off to free the line.
If only I had the camera to take this shot of the moon, the view was amazing
Looks like I've got two more days to fish before I pull the boat out.  Wind forecast doesn't look favorable for topwater, we'll see. 

No comments: