Monday, November 07, 2016

Forget The Memory Card for the Camera

13.75" Strike King Spinnerbait w/Swim Fluke Jr. white
3:00-6:00PM Intersection in Sullivan, N side of Don's Bay Juice
Conditions: Low 60's, Partly Cloudy, SSW Wind diminishing late, 50-48 Water Temp

I decided to head back to the Intersection in Sullivan first thing.  I had a fish hit the swim jig on the very first cast.  The sucker swam straight at more than 3/4 of the way back to the boat and got off.  Don't know what it was or how big.  That was it on the SW corner.  The wind was kind of a pain.  I decided to hit the NE point and got the one I kept for Jan there.  At 4PM I bailed for the juice.

Nothing where Pete and I got them in the reeds the other night.  I was drifting across the flat and I got a 22.5" pike and a 16.25" bass on the Pure Poison with the Craw Fatty.  I then had a fish on that took my skirt and the Craw Fatty and got off.  Felt like a good fish, whatever it was.
At least I got the jig back
It calmed down a bit and I started throwing topwater prop baits, but nothing was going on until after the sun went down.  Then some fish started getting popped here and there.  The fish were really active for a while off of the juice over by the reeds.  I will have to check that area out tomorrow.  It calmed down even more and I got an 18.25" bass on the Bubble Walker.  It was pretty dark when that fish hit.

I put the Bubble Walker away and was throwing my last cast with the X-Prop when a fish blew up on it but missed.  Unfortunately, it didn't come back to get it.  It was a big fish whatever it was.  I stayed out late because of that fish and because it was so pleasant out. I thought about hitting the GOMH but didn't.

No comments: