Thursday, November 10, 2016

Fishing Was Tough, But I Still Did OK

17" BPS Flat Shallow Crankbait Blue/white

3:00-5:30PM The Juice Flat
Conditions: 64-51 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Very Windy NW turning calm after sun set, Water Temp 47 degrees

It was really windy heading over to the juice.  I had to slow down because everything was bouncing around so much, but once I got there it was fairly protected.  For the first hour I didn't get a bite throwing lipless and Poison's.  I did see a pike though up by shore.

I was over by the flag in the cabbage when I put on the Flat Shallow and I got the skunk out of the boat.

17" BPS Flat Shallow
 I then got a small pike.  I decided to start throwing topwater. Occasionally a fish would bust on the surface.  I didn't get a hit until well after the sun went down and the wind calmed down.  First bite was a pike.
19" Bubble Walker

What it looked like after I got the pike
It got pretty dark, but fish were still occasionally busting and I kept casting the Bubble Walker.  I got me a chunk for my trouble. He didn't blast it, but he got the hooks.
15.5" Bubble Walker

Last topwater fish of the year?  Hopefully not
What it looked like when I got the last fish.


No comments: