Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Playing With House Money And Went Topwater Or Bust

18" D & M Baits Piranha w/Craw Fatty
3:30-6:00PM West Point and the Juice
Conditions: 57-50℉, Partly Cloudy, Mod WNW Wind, but fairly calm at the juice,
Water Temp: 44℉

I finally tore myself away from the Internet.  I could have been fishing by noon today if I wanted.  The reel I messed up yesterday wasn't water ready, so I ditched the 6' 8" Avid and grabbed the 6'6" Med Fig Rig in it's place because it was getting late and I didn't feel like swapping out rods.  I brought 3 topwater rods, 1 crank rod, and 2 jig rods out in the boat with me.

I decided to start on West Point with the Flat Crank.  Didn't get anything on that.  On the second cast with the Piranha I got the skunk out of the boat with the 18 incher.

Same 18"
  I then headed across to the juice which was protected.
Looking across the juice flat to the East
Because I was now playing with house money I elected to die with topwater baits and die I did.  Not even a hit. I threw the BaitBall, Pop Max, and Slush Daddy.  Fish were occasionally busting baitfish, several times within casting range.  I just couldn't find one that wanted to go.  The view tonight was spectacular again.





After it got pretty dark I finally put the topwater down and threw the Piranha for a while and then the A.T. Jig.  I think I had something hit the A.T. Jig, but all it did was pull down the Craw Fatty.  Mom called and asked me to get home in time to tape NCIS, so I packed up at 6PM.  The drive back wasn't that cold.  I got to watch the super moon come up over the lake.


No comments: