Sunday, November 06, 2016

Fishing With Pete Again

18" Pure Poison w/Craw Fatty
2:00-5:30PM Don's Point to Loon Sex Bay
Conditions: 64-57 degrees, Mostly sunny, Windy SW, 49 degree water temp.
Pete fishing in Loon Sex Bay
 Another beautiful November day to be on the lake.  With the Vikes giving up a TD just before half-time to the Lions, I was ready to go fishing.  I did record the game to watch later.  Pete wanted to give Loon Sex Bay a try, so I suggested we troll there, which we did.  I was using the Poison with a Craw Fatty and Pete was using a Jointed Rapala in Clown color  I got hung on something on the bottom as we came across the end of Don's Point.  Fortunately I was able to get it loose.  We then continued on to Loon Sex Bay and Pete got a hammer handle. We turned back around and trolled to Don's Dock then back to Loon Sex Bay.  Pete got a hammer handles in Loon Sex Bay after I turned toward Loon Sex Point when we reached lily pads.  At that point, we stopped trolling and I went to the trolling motor.  The wind was blowing us to the Don's Point side of the Bay.  I threw up by the hay line and had a 16" bass nail the Poison.
16" Poison w/Craw Fatty
We then caught a few pike. Pete got a nice bass on the Jointed Rap.
??17?? Jointed Rap
Pete didn't think it was even 16 inches and I was thinking that's a 17 inch fish.  After he took the picture he threw it back without measuring it.  I worked our way back up Don's Point.  Getting a 23" pike that we kept.  Pete switched to a spinnerbait and started getting hits on that catching a few more pike.  Pete was disappointed that we were only getting small one's.  I worked our way over to Loon Sex Point and my rod bowed up and just didn't budge.  I thought I had hung in a big clump up weeds, but then it started fighting.  I knew it was gonna be a good fish.
18" Poison (same as first pic)
18" with camera on the fritz
I was kind of expecting it to be a big pike, but instead it was a linebacker bass.  That was my last hit of the night.  I did throw topwater for about 15 minutes in the calm water along Loon Sex Point.  Pete lost his last hit of the night when the fish jumped him off at the point at start of the slop on LSP.  On the way back we stopped at Don's to get a bag to put the pike in.
Not a filter, camera on the fritz with the flash going off


I ended up with 2 bass and 6 pike

No comments: